OCDD Home and Community-Based Services Setting Transition Plan
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has issued regulations that define the settings in which it is permissible for states to pay for Medicaid home and community-based services (HCBS). The purpose of these regulations is to ensure that individuals receive Medicaid HCBS in settings that are integrated in and support full access to the greater community. The Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities (OCDD) has developed a transition plan to evaluate HCBS settings within the Children's Choice Waiver, Residential Options Waiver, Supports Waiver, and the New Opportunities Waiver to assure that the requirements of the rule are being met and to allow the public an opportunity to provide input on the transition plan. Comments or questions may be sent to email@example.com
Louisiana Statewide Transition Plan (STP)
After the CMS review in the late summer, Louisiana amended the Statewide Transition Plan (STP) to include robust information about the systemic assessment review of state statutes, waivers, policy and procedures and other documentation. Minor adjustments were made in the areas of work plans and other activities. Due to a weather disaster, CMS granted the state an additional 30 days for public comments. The revised STP was made available to the public on September 14, 2016 in both an electronic version posted on the LDH program offices websites and by hardcopy which was provided upon request. Comments were due October 14, 2016. No comments were received.
The following version of the STP includes these revisions and was submitted to CMS for Initial Approval review on October 26, 2016.
- The Louisiana Statewide Transition Plan for Compliance with the CMS Home and Community-Based Services Settings Rule
- 2016 Quarter 1 Progress Tracking for Louisiana HCBS Transition Plan
- 2016 Quarter 1 Louisiana Work Plan Master
- 2016 Quarter 2 Progress Tracking for Louisiana HCBS Transition Plan
- 2016 Quarter 2 Louisiana Work Plan Master
- 2016 Quarter 3 Progress Tracking for Louisiana HCBS Transition Plan
- 2016 Quarter 3 Louisiana Work Plan Master
- 2016 Quarter 4 Progress Tracking for Louisiana HCBS Transition Plan
- 2016 Quarter 4 Louisian Work Plan Master
OCDD Home and Community-Based Documents for Public Review and/or Comment
To view previously posted materials please click here on Archives