A nursing facility provides 24-hour care for rehabilitative, restorative and ongoing skilled-nursing care to patients or residents in need of assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, transferring, toileting and eating. Learn more.
Individuals qualify medically for long-term care facility services if they:
- Meet the level of care criteria for admission to a nursing facility, and
- Have an order from a physician licensed in Louisiana for admission into a nursing facility, and
- Are screened prior to admission for a history or active treatment of mental illness and/or mental retardation/developmental disabilities according to federal regulations.
The Office of Aging and Adult Services determines levels of care for all individuals prior to their admission to Medicaid-certified nursing facilities. Level of care determinations are made for all individuals regardless of the individual's payor source.
Villa Feliciana Medical Complex
The LDH Office of Aging and Adult Services operates one long-term care facility:
To inquire about nursing facility services, call the Louisiana Options in Long Term Care Hotline at 1.877.456.1146 (TDD 1.877.544.9544). Call Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. The call is free.
Pre-Admission Screening and Resident Reviews (PASRR)
The links below provide general information to referral sources who complete the PASRR Level 1 Screens:
- OCDD PASRR Referral Contact Information and Procedure Reminder
- Bayou Health Information Bulletin 16-4. Issue: PASRR Process for NH Placement
The following link is for the exclusive use of referral sources in LDH Region 4 (Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Landry, St. Martin, and Vermillion Parishes):